This week we are putting the much deserved spotlight on Marley Frankel. Our long haired babe kills it in the training game. Just this week, 2 Lagree studio owners from out of state came to our studio, and left raving about how awesome her class was! Be sure to sign up for one of Marley’s classes… your body will surely thank you! Find her at our Palm Beach Garden’s studio on Wednesday’s at 4:30pm, 5:30pm and 6:30pm!
Can you tell us how you first got into training?
- I first got into training because I was moving a lot with my now fiancé and my “normal” 9 to 5 job wasn’t feasible. I never thought I would be able to do something I love so much and the constant moving and erratic schedule was actually a blessing in disguise.
What is the highlight of your training career?
- Well, I am still new so I’m sure there will be a lot but, I would have to say the highlights are when people tell me how sore they are days later after my class.
What get’s you motivated to teach a new class everyday?
- Other instructors are my motivation as well as working out next to clients.
Favorite song at the moment?
- Can I have two? Let you down by NF and Ritual by Marshmello
If you weren’t a trainer, what career would you pursue?
- If I wasn’t a trainer, I would probably be in the FBI or the CIA. I have a fascination with detective work and I still would want to be involved with helping others.
What’s the typical day in the life of Marley?
- A typical day in the life of Marley changes every day because of my schedule but it usually involves my German shepherd, my two cats, work, tv, errands.
What is your favorite meal? Any cooking tips?
- My favorite meal is Shrimp Scampi over zoodles with avocado pesto. Cooking tips: to make cooking simple so you have variety, for example I do not like to cook in bulk, I prefer to buy easy to prepare and cook food so I never look at it like work.
Do you follow any particular diet or way of eating?
- LOL ask any client or friend, I have a very bad sweet tooth but I do make sure to get my greens in at least once a day.
What is your personal exercise routine?
- Core Evolution! I prefer group fitness.
How important is it to lead a healthy lifestyle for you?
- To be honest, I struggle with this daily, because I always get “food guilt” As I mentioned, I have a really bad sweet tooth, I am addicted to sugar. I eat healthy otherwise, but I always feel bad when I overeat and get a tummy ache. I am getting better at choosing whole foods and allowing myself to indulge without beating myself up too much, I think mental health is just as if not more important when it comes to food.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- With babies and more pets and wherever my fiancés career takes us.
Daily mantra: Don’t sweat the small stuff (although I need to practice this more).
Pizza topping: Prosciutto
Coffee order: More of an iced green tea girl
3 things you’ll always find in my fridge: Kombucha, Sauerkraut and Ice cream
Most people probably don’t know this about me, but: I lost my mom suddenly to cancer 5 years ago and working out and being involved in the fitness community has helped tremendously. If I am feeling stressed, anxious or sad usually taking a class will dissipate those feelings.
We love Marley and are constantly inspired by her motivation and energy!