November has quickly started and we are right around the corner from the busy holiday season. Thanksgiving and Christmas surely bring joy and fellowship with friends and family… which means lots of traveling! It’s hard to lose your healthy eating habits and workout routine when traveling to different places.We want to make it easy for you to travel healthy during this crazy season!
We’ve decided to share our healthy travel tips – whether you’re taking a road trip flying across the country or just an hour away.
Planning Ahead of Time
Traveling may bring stress and anxiety for some people. Planning ahead of time and giving yourself plenty of time to prepare can help ease unwanted stress. Make lists, don’t procrastinate on packing, get to the airport early, and stay hydrated.
Must Haves for Traveling
- Rodan and Fields Lip Shield – Your lips can get super dry and irritated flying or traveling through different atmospheres. Make sure you have a good SPF lip protectant handy. This Rodan and Fields lip shield conditions and moisturizes with peptides.
- A good book – get your mind off of the hustle and bustle going on around you! If you’r not much of a reader, catch up on podcasts or grab an entertaining magazine
- Hydration – this is huge! Your body is going through different motions and keeping hydrated will help your energy stay high throughout the day. Up your water intake and flush out the toxins you encounter in the airport.
- Healthy snacks! – We could come up with a million healthy, yummy snacks travel with. Here’s a few of our all time favs:
- Perfect Bar – This non GMO bar is full of protein, superfoods, and is gluten free!
- Hot Tea – Drinking warm fluids help to ease your digestive system. Peppermint, green tea, or simple chamomile.
- Siege’s Yogurt – Icelandic style yogurt full of protein and low in sugar. It’s easy to find these at a Starbucks in the terminal!
- Justin’s Almond Butter – SO yummy! Bring an apple to pair with the almond butter, or just eat it with a spoon!
- Pre-made salad – easy to get through security with dressing already on the salad. Customize it with your favorite healthy toppings and enjoy it on the way to your destination.
- Essential Oils – We love oils! They have the ability to keep you calm and zen throughout your travel experience. Peppermint has a calming effect and can soothe digestive issues. Lavender essential oil can help calm the nervous system and reduce anxiety, which a lot of people deal with while traveling!
We would love to hear some of your favorite travel tips!